Thursday, November 23, 2006

Giving Thanks

Why I am thankful on this day:

That my father had a lovely, long life, did what he wanted to do, had the means to live the way he wanted to live, loved his family and friends
That Dad waited 23 hours for me to get from Brussels to his bedside so we could say goodbye
My Mother who made sure Dad's last days were dignified, lovely and comfortable
My Mother because she is strong and beautiful, smart and generous
My Mother for so many many reasons
My cousins who make me understand the true meaning of family
Friends who truly do anything and everything for me in my time of need
Neighbours who watch over us and love us
All the cards and phone calls from people far away and near who knew Dad in ways I never knew
That I have a supportive boss, a family of work colleagues who check on me regularly
That I have the means to go home anytime I need to go home
For my Dog who loves me no matter what and snuggles even closer because he knows
That I have the love of my wonderful parents and they are proud of me

Dad you are closer to me than ever before.
I love you.


CTV
October 25, 1922 - November 10, 2006