Monday, January 21, 2008

Sofa So Good

As much as possible, I try not to fall in love with inanimate objects. I am not a jewellery girl - I am not anal about my car, I like a few items of clothing a lot, but I don't fall in love with these things the way I have fallen for my new sofa.

I want to hug my new sofa when I leave and I want to hug my new sofa when I get home. I am not crazy - I swear!! The odd thing is - I don't really like the colour.. and I actually don't sit on it regularly - but I love the whole idea of the sofa so much. I had a wood-framed sofa and matching chairs and the room had too many hard lines - the sofa just brings it all together with a softness. The colour picks up on some colours in my Oriental rug and other things in the room and it just works. I can get different slip covers any time I need so I will leave this colour on for winter and decide how I feel when spring comes along.

Bunny Dog is still deciding if he likes the new formal sofa. It's higher and bigger than the old one and he's definitely taking a while to feel it out. It sort of overwhelms him. He runs upstairs to visit the old sofa every few minutes - like an old familiar friend. Security.

I can't quite figure out what makes me like this sofa so much. Perhaps because it's a bit like me - pretty rigid in structure and softer on the edges with a bit of curve. A bit preppy at first glance and a bit wild when you sink in.

I plonked down on my sofa at 3:30 am when I got home from my Saturday night out. Was a fun evening of dancing to well-covered 80's pop rock done by a local party band. The sofa enveloped me and held me tight. (Well, if you're not going to 'pull' on a night - sofa is the next best thing!)

OK - you think I am so weird!! Just in Sofa love - don't worry - it will wear off but Sofa so good!!