Friday, January 12, 2007

Shake Your Groove Thing Baby

Watch out Brussels! The lovely Lara and I are going out on the town tonight.

She's on a mission. She needs to shake out a few cobwebs, get the lead out, or more specifically, Lara needs to get her groove back. And there's no better support for gettin' a groove back than yours truly!(me). Or so I think. I will be Vice President in charge of Groove Assistance tonight.

My suggestion is that we start out at PP cafe for happy hour - two for one cocktails - like Mai Tais and Mint daiquiris. Yum. Lara has a hankering for ribs tonight so it's off to Ardeo for finger-licking good ribs. After that, who knows?

It's a night for short skirts, cute tops and shaking your booty wearing sexy high boots.


If only I wasn't having a kind of bad hair day.... I caught a glimpse of my hair when I was riding the metro this morning and I kept hearing the line from a B52's song that goes 'What's that on your head? A wig!!' Anyway - I am having issues with my hair today. It's doing exactly opposite of what I want it to. It's sorta wavy around my head, but becomes dead straight on the longer parts - weird. Oh well, maybe the electric shock look will dissipate throughout the day.

Ok - so since I am Vice President in charge of Groove assistance on Lara's groove mission tonight - I do need to set out some rules and goals.

1. Please refrain from removing all clothes at the bar or on the dance floor tonight
2. Please refrain from picking up bands, whole groups of office mates, circus performers, taxi drivers, chefs, Italians, and Rugby teams - No, wait, scratch that - Rugby teams are ok. Yum ee.
3. Before kissing, please, at least, find out the guy's name.
4. Getting your groove back doesn't necessarily require a body lock with a man in his early 20's (doesn't hurt though)
5. The VP Of Groove Assistance is allowed to kiss her cutie pie if she should happen to run in to him over the course of the evening
6. Shooters are a required element of the evening - Mission not accomplished without shooters (Sex on the beach, Kamikaze, Sweet Tart, Lemon Drops, Tequila etc.)
7.Under no circumstances are we to visit Fritland
8. Try something new - another required element of the Groove Mission

OK - Monday I will report on our Mission and it's success

Have a groovy weekend yourself