Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Return to Schedule


I need work rehab. I am on day 2 of my first full week of work in 5 weeks and I can't handle it. I had so much vacation time left at the end of the last year that I took off the first two Fridays in December and went home to DC from the 17th to the 29th. I made it in to the office on the 2nd of January - but I was like the only one on the planet working that day and it was pretty quiet. I feel disconnected and demotivated. Like there's nothing to look forward to. I need some work therapy. Something to challenge me and get me fired up....not another flipping business review to prepare....

I spent the whole first day back going through 1100 e-mails I received while gone. I have categorized them by urgency. Some were apparently very urgent and needed my undivided, immediate attention...then. Now, not so much. It's pretty interesting how things are so urgent when they really aren't. Actually, it's not interesting at all.

To add insult to injury, it's bitterly cold out. Like -10 C (14 F). It snowed the other night and Bunny Dog has been loving his walkies - he goes nuts in snow. So I have been freezing my toes off waiting for him to burn-out his crazy winter energy zipping to and fro in the drifts. And the house only feels warm for a few minutes after coming back in from the cold. I can't get really warm.

I need a nice new man to spice up my life - add an air of mystery and a bit of romance. Well, that thought has already put a smile on my face!

I have just agreed to Hairy Canary for this Friday night - a few drinks with my Swedish friend A-K. She's a hoot. Perhaps I can meet a new 'special friend' that night too. It's been known to happen. Especially when I have 'it' and I have a feeling after this week (which seems as if it's already gone on for 15 days) I will definitely have 'it'.

OK - only 3.5 more work days before 'it' night. Back to the grindstone, take that call, chase that customer, file that report, prepare that presentation, get on the conference call at 5, make travel plans - return to schedule.