Friday, March 10, 2006

Apologies and menu for dinner

I have apologies to make.

Daksha - the Gujarat woman - is doing surprisingly well on MasterChef Goes Large. She was thrown in to the high pressure world of refined French food and she did quite nicely ( I also think the Head Chef in the restaurant was overly patient and nice....) - But, I will give her kudos for pulling it off so smoothly. I apologize for ranting and raving about the Indian woman who cooked nothing but Indian food (safe, easy, home-cooked) being chosen for the final. I apologize that I thought this was about people who would take food 'up a notch' - rather than learn to climb the first few pegs of the ladder...

Hottie Dean has done really well in general. When they had to cook for 200 Royal Marines on maneuvers in the Arctic Circle, the Marines voted him the best chef - and a great soldier. My my - he was popular with that group of lonely men in the cold, dark, arctic. Perhaps his pecs, cheeky grin and teasing eyelashes caught their attentions. Unfortunately, he messed-up on his steamed fish last night. The judges did admit it was a very rare mistake for him - ...if only we could drop Miss. India Supahwoman in a vat of curry and make her disappear......

Sorry. I didn't mean that - really I didn't.

Now, see what I have done? I will feel terrible if she really does have some sort of Curry/tandoori/naan-related accident before announcing the final three. See, I should just be quiet. Sorry.

:-))

Dean had better win




grilled asparagus with fresh peas, mint, roasted pine nuts and goat's cheese
rosemary lamb chops and baby carrots with an herbed potato stack
chocolate fondant